It’s TIME for an honest conversation about aging:
As baby boomers reach retirement age, Minnesota’s senior population will double. It is going to take the combined efforts of all of us-family members, friends, legislators and communities-to ensure a high quality of life for our oldest citizens.
Face Aging MN is a statewide campaign to raise awareness about the issues that we are facing as our society ages.
Here are our priorities for preserving quality of life for aging Minnesotans.
- Older adults should live independently for as long as they are able, in communities that provide them with love and support.
- Families should work with their healthcare professionals to plan for the future so their loved ones will receive a continuum of care as they grow older.
- The State of Minnesota should take the steps needed to ensure that all aging Minnesotans will receive safe and quality care from experienced caregivers.
- Senior care organizations and the State of Minnesota should be encouraged to find more innovative and efficient ways to provide services to aging Minnesotans and their families.
Here are the facts:
- At least 60,000 Minnesotans will turn 65 every year for the next 15 years. That’s like a new city the size of Lakeville springing up every year, populated entirely by seniors.
- By 2030, 25% of Minnesota adults will be age 65 or older. Of those seniors, more than 55,000 will be age 90 or older.
- Over the next decade, we will need another 25,000 professional caregivers in Minnesota in large part to care for our growing senior population.
You’ve seen the facts, now find out how you can help Minnesota face aging. Get involved at: www.FaceAgingMN.org
Information provided by: Face Aging MN
The information provided above is the main focus of why Lakeview is undergoing our Capital Campaign. The need for updates, home-like environment, and quality of care are very important to us and our aging population so we can serve our loved ones appropriately in a setting that they deserve, with all the warmth and comforts of home.